Thursday, March 01, 2007

Templates ...

One of my friends today told me about his young days (arnd 16) when he was a hippie ...he used to go to the nearest beach - and make money by inscribing tatoos and selling his kisses! Later he thought he liked computers and here he was at Microsoft. He told me he doesn't like templates...People trapped in a pattern...everyone trying to be everyone else ...
And this was the second conversation I had on the concept of social freedom. The fear, the guilt, the insecurity - that traps us...the need to confirm ...the need to justify if you are different...the need to emphasize I am right and you are also right...the society, the religion, the gimmicks ...it is so important to break the mould and take your decisions for yourself...it is so important to realize it early in the life...what is it that we fear to lose ? What is it that we want to save that we won't lose eventually ...it is so important to make your own path...even if eventually it is same as everyone else's, it is important to know that you chose it. It is important to be awake...
Well I do realize that most of my friends are non-templatized :)... they choose... they are independent - secure individuals...they explore, they try new things, they take risks...infact now that I think they all inspire me in a similar manner... as if they are derived from the same template ...

No comments: