Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Short fiction saga

Shot my short fiction today and this post is to bookmark the great feeling I am having. As if I have got what I wanted in life, as if I am ready to die. And the funny part is that i haven't yet seen the movie. And I know there would be mistakes (esp. because one scene i compromised because of the lack of time and combined the shots) and I fear there might be something that i might not like - the pacing, the rhythm. But for today I free myself from all the worries of the results and allow myself to derive the pleasure of indulging into a beautiful process of creation. It's the satisfaction of a painter, of a poet, of a writer, of a sculptor of a composer - all combined. It's not just satisfaction - it's a high. I wonder if people who have drugs feel this way.

It's 1 at night - I am alone in our guest bedroom - it's just me and the process of creation with me. And it feels great - it feels wonderful. I wonder if every moment of my life would be aimed at experiencing these brief moments, these wonderful nights. I wish they would be ...

4 comments:

Vivek Garg said...

Cheers. Take it all in. I am J :)

Siddhesh said...

Makes me very happy to see you this way, Arati.. you deserve it!

arati kadav said...

ah well... the moment is over - it doesn't last too long...

Sumit Sorde said...

I know! Ur post took me to the day I presented my paper in that conference :).