Wednesday, October 08, 2008

A trip back into the life

I think it is a good idea to revisit our past and reanalyze those days of our lives when we were sad over our heartbreak or super happy on getting the first company that came on our campus.
Is it possible that the happy days of our life should sometimes be our sad days as we got something we wanted but in the bigger picture they are the things that really limited our exploration? Or that somedays, we were sad on a failure but those failures actually pushed us to our maximum potential. We missed the big picture on those days.

Then when I do that, I wonder, in future, how would I know whether to be happy or sad on a given incident. What significance will that incident have on the context of the bigger picture? Will this doubt make me not experience the emotion that incident demands? Will it average out all my emotions and deprive me of moments of extreme sadness, moments of extreme joy - moments of life? Isn't living life same as vibrating with these emotions - in the ignorance of bigger picture.
Then I wonder, do I want to be enlightened by the awareness of this bigger picture or do I want to remain ignorant?

5 comments:

Skylar said...

you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.

-Steve Jobs

kyamaloom said...

Yes, there is always a subtext behind every emotion we have to go through. But dissecting them in moments of happiness might make you upset, and vice versa. My problem is I analyze life way too much rather than 'living' it. And to be honest, the experience is not very healthy.

'Follow your heart, but with your eyes open'. (If you know what I mean)

P.S.- I'm 'quite' glad to know you're this much like me.
The depth. (Again, if you know what I mean) :)

Abhishek said...

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift
- Kung Fu Pand

Abhishek said...

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift
- Kung Fu Panda

Interview Master said...

To complete Abhishek's statement:
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift and that's why they call it "present".